Tuesday, March 29

Cheese with your whine, Madam?

Yesterday was just a $#!? day for me. Really it was. Why you ask? Because I really, REALLY hate my job.

So to be fair, it's not that I hate my job exactly, since I work in a bakery/cafe, and I really do enjoy making coffee, weird as that may seem. I have worked in food service before and I like making food in all its forms, and coffee is not terribly demanding. I don't even mind the constant stream of Starbucks brainwashees asking for iced caramel macchiati all the livelong day (you want a latte you ignorant gits a macchiato is literally espresso and a dollop of foam you can't ice that). What I do mind, what is driving me crazy, is my boss, and the abhorrent way he "manages" his store.

So without going into too much detail, let me just say it took 3 weeks for him to give me a raise I should have gotten in February, he never does the weekly schedule until Monday afternoon and just expects us to work out who'll be in Monday morning, he berates us loudly in front of customers, and touches the baked goods with his bare hands. He is also passive aggressively firing some of the staff by just not scheduling them until they quit. Also, mice.

So yeah, I need a new job, so I don't go to jail for aggravated assault. The problem is that I have to keep working at my present job until I find a new one, because I am broke. So very broke. I'm beginning the job search, and looking longingly at the Harvard Medical sleep studies that pay in the thousands of dollars for 9 days under observation. Anyway, I'm just whining about it to the internet because it makes me feel a little less annoyed.

While I'm whining, I'm just going to make a list of things I want that I don't have enough money for (because I am so broke):

a new phone, because mine is almost dead and I hate Verizon
dental work, because I have more than 3 cavities and a dead tooth
a new hard drive, because my last one failed
a working ipod would be nice, as mine bit the dust
a new pair of nice flats
fresh fruit (only on weeks I also need shampoo)

Well that felt depressing toward the end. I actually get by just fine for the most part, but I wish...

I don't rightly know. That I had time to live my life and not just run the rat race.

~Isha

Thought of the day: I worry so much.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Fresh fruit? instead of shampoo? alright. This is insanity. every time you watch buffy for more than 3 minutes I am sending you a bottle of really bad shampoo from the sample bottle rack at walmart! Look for a job in the 3 block radius of your new apartment Tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete