Wednesday, March 30

Poetry Break

And now, a brief change of content.

Old Familiar Feeling

I feel it growl behind me, quiet
rising up within to surround
Strike
sinks its fangs into my ankle
Pinned
to the ground
Animal in a trap
that is living and breathing and drawing blood
bigger and faster and older and stronger
Still
breath out slow, steady
wait inhale wait exhale wait
I feel it grow inside me, silent
drawing up before me to
Lift
the updraft pushes, purposeful
I loose my leg from my trap
Refusing
to be captive
to myself

And now, we return you to your regularly scheduled format.

I'm just gonna give it away right now; the noodling above is about fear, and not falling prey to my old patterns of doubt and panic. I had a creative surge, and I thought, Hey! Why not post it to the interwebs for all the world to see? Or, at least the 5 people who stumble across it.

Let me know what you think. I'm off to write a cover letter.

Isha

Thought of the day: References? You mean I was supposed to stay in touch with those people I worked for?


No comments:

Post a Comment