Thursday, September 3

l'incipit

Bonjour, tout le monde.
Alors, as this is the introductory entry, I should make a few notes. This blog will be la moitié en français, and half in English. As almost everyone qui will be reading this blog est American, it will be mostly in English and de plus en plus en français. I will add a gadget to translate pages when I have the time to find it, for those who cannot understand French de tout.
I will update as often as possible; once a week at the least. I will not endeavor to recount every detail of my day. This is a record of the things that I learn, qui m'étonne (astonish), qui me fait rire (laugh), and, if it so happens, cry.
To finish, a word on the title: I chose it because although it's most frequent usage is to describe a time change or jet lag, it's literal and figurative meaning is that of a "gap"; a gulf between places, between ideas, et entre les hommes.
My time in Paris is an effort to reduce this gulf, and this blog is a chronicle of that effort.
So, coming along for the ride, then?

5 comments:

  1. OUI

    (c'est la smallrus, fyi)

    Tu me manque!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aishaness, I dare you to actually follow through with this. But this will be impossible as it will actually notify people whether you are still alive or not. Loves you~!!! :)

    ~ Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haisha!

    I do hope to see more, because not only will it allow us to see into the magical world of Isha, but it will help me keep up with my french.

    -Toto

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoy mallory's comment, but i do hope you keep up! maybe i'll learn some french by reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you guys vous me fâites si heureuse!!!
    Bisoux!

    ReplyDelete